If your organization uses Slack for internal communications, it is possible to set up a direct integration between Slack and Peakon, so employees can receive survey notifications through the Slack bot.
This article covers:
How the integration works
The integration notifies of new surveys and nudges you when you haven't responded with a reminder. Survey notifications are triggered at the same time as normal survey emails and reminders. Slack will only notify those employees whose Peakon email address matches their Slack email address.
For any employee who has been given access to a Peakon account, the Slack bot will use the same language as they have configured on their profile. For employees who have not been given access to a Peakon account, Peakon will either remember the language they selected when they took the survey, or the language detected from their browser. The Slack bot will use that same language in messages.
Administrator can connect Peakon to their Slack application if they have admin rights on both platforms.
Connecting the integration
To connect Slack to Peakon:
- Go to Administration.
- Click on Integrations and choose Slack.
- Click the Connect button.
- Click on Authorize, to authorize permission to provide Slack access to your identity on Peakon. This will generate a Peakonbot automatically in your Slack app, from where you'll receive notifications about new survey rounds and reminders. Please note that you will not see the peakonbot in your Slack client until it sends you a message for the first time.
- After connecting, you can manage the Slack integration from Administration > Integrations > Slack.
- Under Settings, you will have the option to activate survey and reminder notifications. You can also disconnect the Slack integration from here, if needed.